SEO - optimize anchors
Use descriptive anchor text for all your text-links. This is because most search engines consider the anchor text of incoming links when ranking a webpage. Here is an example of an anchor:
- <a href="otherpage.htm" title="Anchor Title">Anchor Text</a>
Below are a few more important points to give more importance to the anchor
1. The title of the anchor plays an important role in most search engines. So it should have appropriate keywords in the title.
2. Another important part of the anchor is the anchor text. So it should be chosen very carefully because this text is used not only in search engine, but also for navigation purposes. You should try to use the best keywords in your anchor text.
3. otherpage.htm is a link to another web page. This link can be from any external site. So you need to make sure that the linked page exists now; Otherwise it will be considered as a broken link, which will give a bad impression towards your site to search engine as well as site visitors.
Below is another example of anchor:
- <a href="index.html" title="Anchor Title">
- <img src="satt.jpg" alt="keywords" />
The anchor text in the example above has been replaced by an image. So, when using an image in place of anchor text, you should make sure that you have used the alt tag correctly. Alt attribute of an img tag should contain appropriate keywords.
SEO - Title Optimization
The HTML title tag is placed within the head tag. Do not confuse the page title discussed in this chapter with the page heading, but. It appears in the title bar of your browser window and appears when you bookmark a page or add it to your browser's Favorites bar.
This is a place on the webpage where you must put the keyword on the page. Proper use of keywords in the title of each page of your website is very important to Google - especially for the homepage. If you haven't done anything else to optimize your site, never forget to do it!
When designing the title of a webpage, follow the following recommendations:
1. Your page title should not use more than 9 words or more than 60 characters.
2. Use keywords at the very beginning of the title.
3. Do not include your company name in the title unless your company name is too familiar.
Using unreasonable or non-existent titles on a webpage, Google puts your site out of the top rankings compared to other sites unless the other site has relevant content or the quality of the links on its site is not right. So always use logical and relevant titles.
Some recommendations for creating titles
We recommend that you follow the following recommendations when creating page titles:
1. Use a unique title for each page.
2. In practice, try to include your Primary Keyword Phrase in each title of each page.
3. Start the homepage title with your Primary Keyword Phrase, then use your best second keyword phrase.
4. Use more specific variations in your initial keyword phrases on your specific product, service or content pages.
5. If you have to put your company name in the title, put it at the very end of the title.
6. Use the best keywords through keyword research.
7. Do not exaggerate the title and do not repeat your keywords more than 2 to 3 times in the title.
8. Use the title tag as the first element of the "Heads" section of your page. Because it helps Google find your page.
URL subdirectory name
From a search engine optimization perspective, URL sub-directory names are much less important. To test this, you can try searching any keyword in any search engine and you will not find any sub-directory name matching with your keyword. However, from the user's point of view, you should have a short name for the subdirectory for your file.
Before naming your file, keep the following in mind: Keep the filename of the web page concise, general, descriptive, and relevant to the page content.
1. Try to use a maximum of 3-4 keywords in your file name and also use these keywords in the title of your web page.
2. Separate all keywords with hyphens without using underscore.
3. Keep your subdirectory name as short as possible.
4. Limit file size to 101K, as Google can print almost anything.
SEO - Design and layout
The design and layout of your website gives you an initial idea about your site. So web site design and layout should be beautiful. There are some sites that are very fancy and those who browse the net regularly just enter those sites and come out without any click.
search engines are very smart, but above all they are not human but software. If you make your site too complicated, search Engine will not be able to properly analyze your site content and your site indexing will not be accurate. As a result, your site's rank will be absolutely low.
The keyword density of the actual web page should be about 10% and its content should be within about 200 words. However, SEO experts have many opinions about it. Some say the keyword density should be 5%. Again some say it should be 20%. So we recommend you to increase the keyword concentration to 10%.
Here are some guidelines you should keep in mind when designing a web page:
1. You should have more text content than HTML content.
2. Noframe is the enemy of searchengine and search engine is its enemy.
5. Do not use words in the title of the page that are not completely relevant to the content.
6. No unnecessary directories should be used. Keep your files as close to the root as possible.
4. No fancy things like Flash, Splash, Animated Gif, Rollover etc. should be used unless absolutely necessary.